We realize that dental-related anxiety can prevent some people from seeking needed treatment. In order to help everyone feel most comfortable in our office, we are happy to offer oral sedation for both children and adults.
Oral sedation is indicated for those that are highly apprehensive or those that are very young or special needs patients.
For children, the risks of NO treatment include tooth pain, infection, swelling, the spread of new decay, damage to teeth and possible life threatening hospitalization from a dental infection.
Oral sedation can be a viable option for some patients. Please do not hesitate to contact our office regarding sedation and whether it is a good option for you or your child.
Nitrous Oxide ("Laughing Gas")
Here at Leo Dentistry, we offer Nitrous Oxide (commonly known as "Laughing Gas" to enhance patient comfort and to relieve anxiety for patients of all ages. Nitrous Oxide has been used for over 150 years by dentists as a form of anesthesia and has many advantages:
- There are no after effects, or "hang overs." You may drive after your appointment.
- The depth of sedation can be altered easily.
- It is safe with no side effects on your heart or lungs, etc.
- It works quickly. In as little as 2-3 minutes it's relaxation and pain killing properties take effect.
Nitrous Oxide will make you feel:
- A feeling of warmth all over.
- A slight tingling in the extremeties.
- An overall sense of well-being.
- A sedated feeling and drowsiness.
If you are interested in using Nitrous Oxide during your dental appointment, please contact us today.
We also provide General Anesthesia for children with extensive dental needs who are extremely uncooperative, fearful or anxious or for the very young who do not understand how to cope in a cooperative fashion. General anesthesia also can be helpful for children requiring significant surgical procedures or patients having special health care needs.